How to Set Up for Success Creating strategies, structures and routines to ensure effective teaching and learning ￼
Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
Setting up a classroom for a brilliant year is not an easy task but one that pays dividends as time goes by.
This day focuses on demonstrating the strategies, tactics and sequences needed for early careers teachers to have a great start to the year.
This is an interactive day which is drenched in practise as our presenters demonstrate classroom procedures backed up by a huge pile of ready to use resources.
Throughout the early career teachers and teachers wishing to reboot their careers will learn strategies which show them how to;
- Teach the five major social skills.
- Set up a class room agreement to get buy in from students.
- Create an orderly but engaging entry routine.
- Enable students to be engaged in learning as soon as they sit down.
- Use tight transitions tactics to save time and physically engage students.
- Control the paper and develop knowledge control strategies.
- Gain and maintain attention and quieten rowdy behaviour.
- Ensure students have materials and are ready to work.
- Focus attention with eye contact and simple directions.
- Use the key dimensions of a great lesson to create quality lessons.
- Organise a room for maximum engagement.
Friday 24th May, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Target Audience: Early career teachers and teachers wishing to reboot their careers.
|$279.00 + GST|