How to Teach Students with ANXIETY to Build Confidence & Improve Achievement
Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
Whenever you are asked “What is it you really want for your children?” the discussion usually ends in something like “But really all I want for them is to be happy.”
Today’s children however have more possessions than they ever had yet are more statically anxious, depressed, suicidal and mentally ill than they ever have been.
This wonderful workshop begins with happiness heroine Gretchen Rubin’s Eight Splendid Truths of Happiness and what parents can do to help their children to be braver, more confident and more resilient.
It then moves to investigating how to handle anxious students with research proven methods. It examines how classroom teachers and schools in general can develop teaching environments that address issues such as:
- The rise of anxiety as a disorder.
- The dimensions and types of anxiety disorders.
- How to develop resilience and grit in all students to enhance their learning performance.
- How to teach coping skills by developing a social and emotional skills program targeted for children with internalising difficulties.
- How to discourage avoidance by differentiating instruction and using smaller steps in stressful work situation so as to improve achievement.
- How to develop simple classroom procedures that enable all students to answer questions without excessive fear responses.
- How to create support for full participation particularly for students who have anxiety as a symptom of another disability, such as autism.
- How to build a stress responsive network in your school.
Thursday 7th November, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Venue to be advised,
Target Audience: Primary & Secondary Teachers and Teacher Aides.
|$279.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Greg Mitchell is an established and highly sought after consultant who works with teachers, parents and administrators where it counts... in schools and in classrooms.
He regularly teaches in classrooms in primary and secondary schools all over Australia demonstrating the changes that really work. Greg is an exceptional presenter with the ability to connect with educators, to challenge them and provide many practical strategies that work! Great knowledge, practical, dynamic and very entertaining!