Presented by: Ron Thomas
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
The Course includes:
- Managing the drama classroom
- Sample junior drama curriculum incorporating VELS criteria
- Strategies to win over boys
- Multiple ways into character
- Introducing movement surreptitiously
- Improvisation strategies
- Running a Theatre Sports Competition
- Using “Thank God you are here” in the classroom
- Mime skills and scenarios
- Commedia D’Ell Arte
- Voice training
- Radio plays and how to perform them
- Interpreting scripts
- How to mount a successful school production
- Incorporating the History of Drama engagingly
- Monologues, Duologues and group devised dramas
- Rich resources: winner scripts etc.
** Please bring either a USB or laptop to this event. Resources will be provided electronically.
Thursday 4th April, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Peppers Waymouth Hotel,
55 Waymouth Street,
Adelaide, S.A. 5000.
Target Audience: Primary and Secondary Teachers
|$279.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Ron has 20 years’ experience in secondary schools teaching Drama year 7 – 12 but loves junior drama. He also taught VCE Literature (The Play in performance) and English. He has directed or co-directed over 20 productions including: cabaret, melodrama, clowning, Brecht, Musicals (The Boyfriend, Footloose, Back to the Eighties etc), social drama, staff and student devised shows and radio plays. He has run and judged Theatre Sports Competitions and coached VCE Theatre Studies Monologues.
Ron utilises his skills at the Highest Level of Toastmasters International and was Area Humorous Speaking Champion.
Ron studied the Graduate Diploma in Drama in Education at Melbourne University and is a graduate of The Art and Science of Adult Learning Course for professional facilitators.
He also runs seminars all over Australia and in Malaysia in Public Speaking, Debating and Writing.
Ron utilises a highly interactive methodology with many lively activities. Be prepared for something different.