Presented by: Ron Thomas
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
The crème-de-la crème of English lessons.
All these strategies have been trialled in all types of classes – from the best to the worst. All are matched to the appropriate Curriculum standards.
• Great ways to make the basics memorable.
• Sure-fire writing tasks that will have students producing their best-ever pieces.
• Multi-level lessons that engage all learners.
• Strategies to make poetry teaching a breeze.
• Extension activities that really stretch.
• Visual approaches that make learning stick
• Oral work that makes learning fun and challenging
• Using Drama to enhance learning and increase motivation
• Engaging with the real world to ensure quality
• ICT based lessons that are really worthwhile
** Please bring either a USB or laptop to this event. Resources will be provided electronically.
Monday 1st April, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Peppers Waymouth Hotel,
55 Waymouth Street,
Adelaide, S.A. 5000.
Target Audience: Year 7 – 10 English Teachers.
|$279.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Ron Thomas has been teaching Junior English for over 30 years from remedial to Gifted and Talented - and still does. He has delivered Professional Development for English teachers for a decade in all states of Australia and at VATE, Pearson and Critical Agendas Conferences. He is a published poet, Feature Writer, Travel Writer and author of a Drama Textbook. His Drama background makes for scintillating English classes and workshops. A Gold Level Toastmaster, he brings Public Speaking skills to English teaching. Ron’s seminars are highly interactive and you’ll walk away with a swag of immediately useful resources for your classes.