Presented by: Glen Pearsall
Teacher PD Event Information: 6 Teacher PD Hours
This workshop is specifically designed for Year 12 Literature teachers who want to explore new and engaging ways to approach the teaching of revision. Following on from Glen’s highly acclaimed workshop “Engaging Strategies for Teaching Senior Literature,” this seminar will explore a host of practical strategies for reviewing the year’s work and improving exam results.
- Map out ways to pathways for moving ‘B’ responses into the ‘A/A+’ range.
- Take part in proofing and revision games designed exclusively for the Literature class room.
- Examine A+ model exam responses.
- Model engaging activities for consolidating learning.
- Discuss how new scientific research on the brain can help make the revision process easier.
- Explore engaging ways to help students master writing timed close analysis responses and addressing the views and values of the texts in an exam situation.
- Learn specific strategies for reducing the correction workload as students head toward their final assessments.
|17th November, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Karstens Conference Centre
|Target Audience - Year 12 Literature Teachers.|
|$328.90 GST Incl.|
About the Presenter
Glen Pearsall has been a leading teacher and a Board Member of the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority. He is the author of the best-selling and Gladly Teach, and co-author of Literature for Life and Work Right. Glen works throughout Australia as an educational consultant, specialising in instructional practice, coaching and school leadership. He has a particular interest in the work of graduate and pre-service teachers and has worked as a seminar leader and research fellow at the Centre for Youth Research in the Education Faculty, University of Melbourne.