Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Teacher PD Event Information: 6 Teacher PD Hours
Every school has its own challenges but middle level leaders have a set of issues that can drive them to desperation if they don’t get a handle on how to deal with them.
This workshop investigates ten common irritations that coordinators, heads of departments, deputy principals and team leaders regularly encounter in their day to day work, pulls apart the reasons for these and provides different ways to handle them.
This workshop explores what middle level leaders can do to manage…
- Lack of appreciation
- Poor parental attitude
- Endless paperwork
- Dealing with general classroom problems
- Timetable and scheduling nightmares
- A lack of understanding of their role by themselves and those they work with.
- Training and coordinating teachers, teacher assistants, volunteers and specialist teachers
- Collecting data
- Demonstrating team improvement
- Maintaining energy, enthusiasm and optimism
Greg will energetically explore with middle managers a range of tools and processes that enable them to
- Prepare teams for Change
- Assess their Environment
- Gain Agreement on Priorities
- Creating a Strategic Plan for change and improvement
- Action initiation
- Evaluating the Process and Monitoring “The Plan”
This is a brilliant workshop to help leadership teams, coordinators and senior school administrators develop the mindset and insights for the challenges that 2018 will bring.
|23rd October, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
489 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
|Target Audience: Primary & Secondary Teachers -all levels.|
|$306.90 GST Incl.|
About the Presenter
Greg Mitchell has taught every year level from year one to year twelve in his teaching career and has a wealth of teaching insights, ploys, methods and resources to share on teaching and learning. He now does teaching demonstrations with classrooms throughout Australia. His aim is to demonstrate to both teachers and students how it is possible to engage everyone in learning by using a mixture of planning, resources, tactics, skills and strategies.
Greg suffers from enthusiasm and a great desire to share all of his resources with as many teachers as he can.