Presented by: Pam Burton
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
This workshop will provide participants with a process to design assessment tasks that are based on the Victorian Curriculum Standards
- Identify the key steps needed to identify the core learning that requires assessment and reporting
- Understand the processes to ensure a common assessment task that is consistent
- Prepare an assessment task that is clearly understood by students
- Design a rubric or criteria sheet that can be used by students to guide their approach and understanding of the task
- Use the Victorian Curriculum to design an authentic and effective assessment task
Participants are requested to bring a laptop to the workshop and to have an area of the curriculum or a unit of work that they would like to use as a basis to design an assessment task.
|24th October, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
489 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
|Primary and Secondary Teachers (Years P to 10)|
|$306.90 GST Incl.|
About the Presenter
Pam Burton’s interest, experience and expertise in educating students at all levels is reflected in her broad teaching and consultancy career. She is a celebrated presenter and author who works extensively with students, teachers and organisations in the areas of leadership, brain compatible learning, boys’ education, literacy, gifted education, creative and critical thinking, learning styles, multiple intelligences and cooperative learning. She has been a lecturer in Gifted Education at Deakin University, a presenter in the Bright Sparks and Women in Leadership programs and numerous other programs at Deakin University.