Special Needs PD (Professional Development) for Teachers
Delivering special needs PD for teachers in Victoria to keep their jobs
Critical Agendas is proud to provide numerous course and program offerings to meet the new special needs professional development requirements of the government of Victoria and the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT). This new 2017 requirement means that educators require additional professional development training in the area of special education to work with students with both intellectual and physical disabilities. By the third term of 2017, all teachers in Victoria will be required to have completed at least 20 hours of special needs PD, and Critical Agendas is pleased to offer the capacities to fulfil this obligation and ensure your ability to be re-registered.
DON’T DELAY! Register today to get on top of this requirement as soon as possible!
Critical Agendas’ special needs PD trainings are particularly tailored to educators who are busy, overwhelmed, and/or prefer professional development training that is as quick, painless, and flexible as possible. Whether you’re an individual or part of a larger educational organisation, we ensure that our training programs meet all your needs while providing a pain-free and pleasant learning environment. Such informative, fun, and flexible training includes:
- Curriculum Development
- Seminars, Workshops, Modules, Webinars, and Programs
- Conference Attendance
- Programs and Courses
- Online Learning
- Coaching and Mentorship Practices
- Action and Inquiry-Based Research Practices
- Instructional Rounds
- And More!
Some of the many special needs PD options offered by Critical Agendas include:
- Conferences, such as The Mental Health & Wellbeing of Young People Conference (May 18–19, 2017) and the Teaching and Supporting Students with Special Needs Conference (August 3–4, 2017). Such opportunities not only provide PD in fun and engaging environments, but also facilitate networking between educators at different schools and across Australia.
- Expert Programs, such as How to Teach Students with ANXIETY to Build Confidence and Improve Achievement (May 16, 2017) and Practical Strategies for Teaching Non-Funded Students with Special Needs (March 17, 2017). These sessions give participants exclusive access to some of the most experienced and effective educators in Australia, while also completing PD requirements in a pleasant, fast-paced environment.
- Intensive Training Courses, such as Effectively Teaching Students with Dyslexia - A Two-Day Intensive Training Course (future event dates forthcoming). Such courses make completing PD requirements a breeze with top-notch programming, elegant event spaces, and catered lunches that make PD a great opportunity for networking and actually enjoying yourself.
- Much, Much More!
Our exclusive events are even searchable by category. To see our upcoming training schedule, visit the Critical Agendas Programming page.