Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Teacher PD Event Information: 6 Teacher PD Hours
“One size” never fits “all” particularly when it comes to behaviour management. Trying to deal with belligerent, confrontational and nonconforming students in normal classrooms is an anxiety inducing occurrence for everyone involved - but it needn’t be!
By understanding how aggressive behaviours develop and recognising the triggers of difficult to control conduct, it is possible to develop strategies that can gauge and appraise behaviour even under stress and take effective action.
You will be shown the behaviour management tools to create calm classrooms where you can differentiate and individualise your discipline approach.
This workshop investigates how to handle very difficult students with research proven methods.
The workshop examines how classroom teachers and behaviour management supervisors can develop teaching environments that address issues such as:
- What are the environmental, emotional and biological issues involved with very difficult kids?
- Using recent findings in neuroscience to develop and implement effective strategies to deal with very difficult and extreme behaviour.
- Why harsh, punitive, zero-lenience models of discipline don’t work and how more flexible and effective approaches can be developed.
- How to develop consistent responses in a flexible system and preserve fairness for all.
- What the proven conditions under which classrooms become more composed, methodical and calm are and how to create them.
- The dimensions of assertive and attractive teaching and their role in effectively managing very difficult students.
- How can we understand difficult behaviours and redirect aggression.
- What are the resources that you can use to make these approaches effectively work for you.
- How remaining positive is an effective key to dealing with very difficult students.
- How can we talk to parents about student behaviour issues to head off a repeat of the bad behaviours?
|8th November, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Perth - Venue to be advised
|Target Audience - Primary and Secondary Teachers and Teacher Aides -all Year Levels.|
|$306.90 GST Incl.|
About the Presenter
Greg Mitchell is an established and highly sought behaviour management consultant who works with teachers and administrators where it counts... in schools and in classrooms.
He regularly teaches in classrooms in primary and secondary schools all over Australia demonstrating the changes that really work. Greg is an exceptional presenter with the ability to connect with educators, to challenge them and provide many practical strategies that work! Great knowledge, practical, dynamic and very entertaining!